TIPS FOR GROWING STRAWBERRIES
- In ground gardens, raised beds, and containers are all excellent growing areas.
- Give strawberries room for runners by planting them 18 inches apart.
- Strawberries can be grown in a variety of ways, but make sure they get 8 or more hours of sun and are planted in slightly acidic soil with a pH of 5.5 to 6.8.
- Use straw mulch to suppress weeds and protect the fruit.
- Zone 5 or colder: Cover in straw mulch for winter months.
- Strawberries are self-pollinating with help from wind & insects.
- Want your plants to last several years? Plant in-ground or in raised beds.
- Growing for one season only? Plant in containers or hanging baskets.