- Ice cream banana trees are fairly fast-growing, putting on 12 to 15 feet of growth in a single year.
- You should get your first light harvest after two growing seasons
- Ice Cream Bananas can tolerate partial shade, but need at least six hours of sunlight a day.
- Banana Trees don’t like extreme heat, so afternoon shade will be more beneficial for your tree than morning shade.
- Avoid areas that receive high winds.
- You will be shipped a 3”-8” starter plant
- Ice Cream bananas have a silver-blue matte sheen when young and warm, canary yellow hue when ripe.
- They are small, rectangular-like and plump compared to common bananas.
- The peel is very delicate and bruises easily, underneath is a snow-white flesh with the texture of ice cream when ripe.